Starting at 5:45AM, draggin myself out of bed, my journey to Spain continues...
The flights over were, thankfully, uneventful! I flew from St. Louis to Philadelphia, to Madrid, and finally to Santiago de Compostela, my new temporary home. I feel very blessed to have gotten the two window seats to myself for the first two flights, which just happened to be the longest two flights of my journey. The Lord was with me through my travels and I was able to find every new gate (even when they changed on me twice while I waited), find every bus for new terminals, and even find my luggage (PTL no lost luggage!). I was met at the airport by Irene and her three daughters! They are a lovely family. So far I have discovered that youngest is a gymnast and the middle is an actress/intelligent. I'm still learning about the oldest, but she seems quite nice and loving as well. I feel blessed to be with such a wonderful family.
So, I am unpacked and moved into my new temporary home in the middle of the city of Santiago de Compostela. The apartment (called a "flat" here) is located on the 8th floor with a nice large balcony overlooking parts of the city. Tomorrow I hope to get out and begin familiarizing myself with my surroundings. I wll try to take pictures and post them on here for you all to see..
A private Spanish tutor has already been arranged for me and I will begin taking Spanish classes 3 hours a week as of Wednesday! That is rather exciting! I am glad to get that started as I am already desiring to be able to communicate better. The girls I will be caring for speak English quite well, as does their Mother (though it is something more of a challenge for her), but I would like to be able to more easily communicate at the dinner table, onthe streets, etc...
Well, I am now living life 7 hours ahead of those of you in the USA, so at 11:21 Dec 2nd, it has been a good day, but long and I am tired. I will close for now asking for your continued prayers. Thanks a bunch.
Monday, December 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment