I have returned from a rather long walk on a gloomy, misty day, in a historic yet also new city. Today was the first day of my Spanish lessons with a private tutor who speaks no English, or at most very little. It was quite a challenge, and after two hours I was about to throw in the towel. I'm sure that my face told all, as sometimes I am not very good at keeping my feelings and thoughts from showing on my face...smile... Finally, when I thought she wouldn't stop assigning me more homework, that I may or may not be able to do, she finished up and called it a day! Woohoo!! Though I found joy in walking 30 minutes to class (one way), the lesson exhausted me and I haven't even yet started on the homework. It is only 1:30pm and I am ready for a nap. Hopefully the hot-chocolate that I am drinking will give me a pick up, so I can continue through the day!
I am happy to say that I had no trouble finding the location of my lesson again after having mapped it out the day before. I didn't even need to use the map at all on the way home. I am feeling a lot better about not getting lost in this city. PTL! Soon I will have a chance to see other parts of the city. As I mentioned yesterday, on Friday I will be meeting a girl (Isabel) who was introduced to me through the internet by Kari, the Au Pair before me. I am looking forward to meeting some people my age and being able to get out a bit more and do things with others. As most of you know, I'm too social to sit and do nothing and go no where.
To tell you a bit more about this city. Santiago de Compostela gets much rain, especially in the winter. So far, every other day that I have been here has been rainy. I haven't seen it rain hard, only a very light rain or even lighter mist. Kind of reminds me of living in India with the spring rains, winter rains, & monsoons.. Smile... I have been told that it never gets colder than about 45 degrees Ferenheit (5-10 degrees C) and normally not hotter than 85-90 degrees F (35-40 degrees C). This is excellent!!
Well, as my day still stretches before me, I will close for now and fill you in more later. If there are things you'd like to hear about specifically please feel free to ask. There is a place to leave comments.
I am happy to say that I had no trouble finding the location of my lesson again after having mapped it out the day before. I didn't even need to use the map at all on the way home. I am feeling a lot better about not getting lost in this city. PTL! Soon I will have a chance to see other parts of the city. As I mentioned yesterday, on Friday I will be meeting a girl (Isabel) who was introduced to me through the internet by Kari, the Au Pair before me. I am looking forward to meeting some people my age and being able to get out a bit more and do things with others. As most of you know, I'm too social to sit and do nothing and go no where.
To tell you a bit more about this city. Santiago de Compostela gets much rain, especially in the winter. So far, every other day that I have been here has been rainy. I haven't seen it rain hard, only a very light rain or even lighter mist. Kind of reminds me of living in India with the spring rains, winter rains, & monsoons.. Smile... I have been told that it never gets colder than about 45 degrees Ferenheit (5-10 degrees C) and normally not hotter than 85-90 degrees F (35-40 degrees C). This is excellent!!
Well, as my day still stretches before me, I will close for now and fill you in more later. If there are things you'd like to hear about specifically please feel free to ask. There is a place to leave comments.
2 comments:
I'm good for now. Good luck with homework!;) (just when you get OUT of college...more homework)
haha...I think I'm ready for a bit more homework maybe, though I nearly balked at how much I gt yesterday. I'm enjoying a new challenge for my brain that I am getting through this trip to Spain. It is also challenging my relationship with the Lord, which is fantastic...
Post a Comment