We played "I Spy" in the restaurant! What Fun!!
So, I realize that this blog is due an update, so here goes. My only excuse is that I have been layed up in bed since Sunday sick with who knows what along with half of the household that I live with. It has been a quieter bunch around here with half the house sleeping the days away. The rest has been nice, but boy am I ready to be up and functioning like normal again. Smile...
So, PTL today after 2 & 1/2 days, I'm back on my feet, and feeling a lot better than I was. Still have a cough and some sinus stuff going on now, but the body aches, headaches, and fever are gone I believe. Anyway....enough of that droll, sad stuff... Glad to be through with all that!
So, this past weekend, I had a friend (Ruthie from Noia) visit for a bit of a shopping spree...since she didn't arrive until 5pm, we only got a few hours of shopping in, but we did manage to walk our legs (or at least mine) to the point of very sore. I walked to the bus station to meet her, which I've managed to get down to a 30 minute walk, then from there we found our way to a large shopping complex in which we found nothing of interest, so we took off walking toward home (which is in all reality a long walk), but I think we might have just taken the long way also...thanks to my exploring nature and sense of "as the crow flies" direction...Grin... No really, we just took whatever road looked good to us until we got to where I recognized where I was again...exploring new ways through the city, while going in the generally "right" direction --south. Grin... Needless to say, shopping or not, we had a great time. We did manage to get some shopping done as I mentioned earlier, and I felt were rather productive with our time.!
Sunday morning, we rolled out of bed to make it to the 11am church service here in Santiago. This is the first time that I had been to the Santiago church, and I was more than thankful to have a friend along who 1) knew Spanish 2) knew some of the people & 3) knew English. Woohoo! I scored! So, through heavily blowing rain, we walked the 10 minutes to church with my sparse umbrella that just barely did the job to arrive only partially wet. Grin... I soon discovered that the first 45minutes was spent in a ladies Bible study together (which was enjoyable) and then we made our way to a larger room for the service. It was such a blessing to worship the Lord with a body of believers here in Santiago. We had a lovely time of worship, singing songs I knew, only they sang in Spanish...I just love that they put the words on an overhead projector so that I can follow along and sing in Spanish as well. After worship was a long sermon that I failed to follow that well, partly because I was too exhausted from the day before and felt a bit sick already. Anyway...
At the church I was introduced to a young lady who speaks some English, surprisingly with an excellent accent, though she can't always remember the words. I was also introduced to another young lady who got my cell number so that I could join their youth group in activities. I hope that I will be able to go some as they seem to have a lovely bunch of young people close to my age. I have discovered that "youth" here includes a much larger range of ages. Maybe to include almost anyone single. It was nice to begin meeting Christian young people here in town that I hope I can spend more time with, especially on weekends to avoid having to go out bar hopping again...grin...
After church, Ruthie & I had been invited to join a lady for lunch at her place. Bless her heart! She also invited one of the other young ladies who spoke some English, so I was able to visit with her a bit more, me practicing my Spanish and her practicing English. We had to hurry lunch a bit so that Ruthie could get on the 4pm bus home to be home before it got to late and dark. It was a lovely Sunday, though I felt yucky through most of it! I look forward to returning again to the church in Santiago.
Well, that pretty much gets you up to date on the happenings here. No majorly new adventures since I've barely seen more than the inside of my room for 2 1/2 days...blue, gotta love the color blue (my comforter).. I have been very thankful for the pictures of friends and family back home floating across my computer screen as I lay in bed between sleeping. I am thinking about you all and praying for you. I appreciate all your prayers. Even as I've been sick for a few days, the Lord has continued to teach me and it has ben a blessing. The word for today was from
2 Timothy 2:24-26 - "And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel, but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, in humility correcting those who in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will."
There is quite a bit in that, but the Lord pointed out to me my need to be able to teach! Having never considered myself much of a teacher, I was asking the Lord to teach me how this morning. I don't know if you ever feel a bit scared to ask the Lord to teach you something because it might mean more trials and pain, but I do occasionally.. Laugh! The Lord is so gracious though when He teaches and I am honored to be taught by Him.. So, setting fear aside of personal trials or pain, I know I can trust Him to grace me to learn what He will teach me.
So, that's my lil sermon I guess. I hope that it was encouraging in some way. I just felt like sharing it today for some reason. I feel that there is more in those few verses concerning the people I am living with. I continue to pray for their salvation. Also, please keep them in your prayer with me.
One more thing and I will close for now. The Lord has opened other doors to share Him with people that I haven't even met face to face but who are seeking Him and telling me about it through emails. Please pray for me to have wisdom and the words to say to share Jesus Christ with them! Thanks again...
So, PTL today after 2 & 1/2 days, I'm back on my feet, and feeling a lot better than I was. Still have a cough and some sinus stuff going on now, but the body aches, headaches, and fever are gone I believe. Anyway....enough of that droll, sad stuff... Glad to be through with all that!
So, this past weekend, I had a friend (Ruthie from Noia) visit for a bit of a shopping spree...since she didn't arrive until 5pm, we only got a few hours of shopping in, but we did manage to walk our legs (or at least mine) to the point of very sore. I walked to the bus station to meet her, which I've managed to get down to a 30 minute walk, then from there we found our way to a large shopping complex in which we found nothing of interest, so we took off walking toward home (which is in all reality a long walk), but I think we might have just taken the long way also...thanks to my exploring nature and sense of "as the crow flies" direction...Grin... No really, we just took whatever road looked good to us until we got to where I recognized where I was again...exploring new ways through the city, while going in the generally "right" direction --south. Grin... Needless to say, shopping or not, we had a great time. We did manage to get some shopping done as I mentioned earlier, and I felt were rather productive with our time.!
Sunday morning, we rolled out of bed to make it to the 11am church service here in Santiago. This is the first time that I had been to the Santiago church, and I was more than thankful to have a friend along who 1) knew Spanish 2) knew some of the people & 3) knew English. Woohoo! I scored! So, through heavily blowing rain, we walked the 10 minutes to church with my sparse umbrella that just barely did the job to arrive only partially wet. Grin... I soon discovered that the first 45minutes was spent in a ladies Bible study together (which was enjoyable) and then we made our way to a larger room for the service. It was such a blessing to worship the Lord with a body of believers here in Santiago. We had a lovely time of worship, singing songs I knew, only they sang in Spanish...I just love that they put the words on an overhead projector so that I can follow along and sing in Spanish as well. After worship was a long sermon that I failed to follow that well, partly because I was too exhausted from the day before and felt a bit sick already. Anyway...
At the church I was introduced to a young lady who speaks some English, surprisingly with an excellent accent, though she can't always remember the words. I was also introduced to another young lady who got my cell number so that I could join their youth group in activities. I hope that I will be able to go some as they seem to have a lovely bunch of young people close to my age. I have discovered that "youth" here includes a much larger range of ages. Maybe to include almost anyone single. It was nice to begin meeting Christian young people here in town that I hope I can spend more time with, especially on weekends to avoid having to go out bar hopping again...grin...
After church, Ruthie & I had been invited to join a lady for lunch at her place. Bless her heart! She also invited one of the other young ladies who spoke some English, so I was able to visit with her a bit more, me practicing my Spanish and her practicing English. We had to hurry lunch a bit so that Ruthie could get on the 4pm bus home to be home before it got to late and dark. It was a lovely Sunday, though I felt yucky through most of it! I look forward to returning again to the church in Santiago.
Well, that pretty much gets you up to date on the happenings here. No majorly new adventures since I've barely seen more than the inside of my room for 2 1/2 days...blue, gotta love the color blue (my comforter).. I have been very thankful for the pictures of friends and family back home floating across my computer screen as I lay in bed between sleeping. I am thinking about you all and praying for you. I appreciate all your prayers. Even as I've been sick for a few days, the Lord has continued to teach me and it has ben a blessing. The word for today was from
2 Timothy 2:24-26 - "And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel, but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, in humility correcting those who in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will."
There is quite a bit in that, but the Lord pointed out to me my need to be able to teach! Having never considered myself much of a teacher, I was asking the Lord to teach me how this morning. I don't know if you ever feel a bit scared to ask the Lord to teach you something because it might mean more trials and pain, but I do occasionally.. Laugh! The Lord is so gracious though when He teaches and I am honored to be taught by Him.. So, setting fear aside of personal trials or pain, I know I can trust Him to grace me to learn what He will teach me.
So, that's my lil sermon I guess. I hope that it was encouraging in some way. I just felt like sharing it today for some reason. I feel that there is more in those few verses concerning the people I am living with. I continue to pray for their salvation. Also, please keep them in your prayer with me.
One more thing and I will close for now. The Lord has opened other doors to share Him with people that I haven't even met face to face but who are seeking Him and telling me about it through emails. Please pray for me to have wisdom and the words to say to share Jesus Christ with them! Thanks again...
No comments:
Post a Comment