Monday, January 21, 2008

Bandage off & Greek Friends


So, after a very painful night with little sleep, I finally removed the bandage from my finger today to make sure that my finger wasn't green and rotting away...grin...though it looks rather ugly, a bit swollen, and purple...it seems to be healing well. PTL!!! Continue to pray for complete healing, full recovery of feeling in the finger (it's still numb towards the end of my finger), and quick healing! Thanks!! Oh and hope the picture doesn't cause any sick stomaches or gross you out too much...smile :)

Besides my finger, I am still having other wonderful experiences and meeting wonderful people. One of the best parts of my day today was meeting Sofia (my Greek friend) for coffee and a chat. She is such a bubbly person and we had a great time chatting... We talked about just anything and everything.. I mentioned wanting to go to Madrid sometime over a weekend just to see it...she said she wanted to as well and then decided that we'd just have to do it together. So, big chance I'll go to Madrid in the future with Sofia...my bubbly Greek friend...Grin.. Sounds fabulous to me since I'd rather travel with someone than alone.. Anyway, I was excited because I got an opportunity to share with her about the church here in town and the youth meetings. She was very curious. She comes from Orthodox and finds it boring and too traditionally stiff...hmmm...I think she will enjoy the worship and fellowship with the young people. She really wants to go with me! She's going to London for this weekend, but soon.. So, keep her in your prayers as well...hoping the Lord will be a light through me to her. Anyway, hoping to learn a bit of Greek from her while we're hanging out. Already learned that the Greeks start the greeting cheek kissing on the opposite cheek that the Spaniards start...funny lil thing! We began to kiss cheeks to say goodbye and ended up laughing because we got all mixed up between Spanish & Greek starting points of the traditional kissing of the cheeks.. Haha.. You'd have laughed too! Rather comical really...

Well, I am blessed and just wanted to share the highlights of my day with you all. Hope you enjoyed reading about it.. Have a blessed day in the Lord!!

No comments: