Thursday, January 17, 2008

Battle in the kitchen ends in dead & wounded: read on for details

One of the girls and I were finishing up the dinner dishes tonight, when she sat some glasses on the counter. Some of these afore mentioned glasses were bent on committing suicide so I grabbed at them, one in particular, to try to keep them from falling and somehow (haven't really figured out how yet)the one broke in my hand and sliced a thick, inch-long flap of skin from my righthand pointer finger. Yucky!! Anyway, not wanting to scare the girls, have anyone feeling bad, or create too much of a fuss, I grabbed a papertowel and quickly wrapped my finger..Then went for a bandaide..that's when I realized that maybe my largest bandaide wasn't really going to be enough. So I headed to the bathroom where thankfully they had some gauze and tape and antisceptic cream (at least I'm pretty sure that's what it said *G*)...Now, I couldn't do the bandaging myself, so I called Celia in..She's a pretty calm person normally, so without showing her the wound initially, I had her help me prep the bandage, then quickly wrap my finger tightly.. PTL that she didn't have a weak stomach because the papertowel was fairly bloody...Anyway...that's my adventure/battle story today. Maybe I'll get pictures when I redress the finger..grin... Guess I thought it noteworthy enough to share...

Okay, so let me backtrack a bit into the earlier part of the evening...we made pancakes for dinner some with hazelnuts, some with walnuts, some plain...and ate all with jam, butter, or whipped sweet cream...They were good and the girls enjoyed them.. I'm glad they enjoy such things since they are simple to make and easy to teach the girls how to do! PTL!!! Working on that teaching thing!! Woohoo!

So, feeling a bit better today, other than earlier this evening before dinner when I had such a sinus headache that I had to go to bed for a while. Finally relaxed and slept and now I'm feeling much better again. Hope to be back on my feet 100% again soon. Sure don't like feeling sick! Thanks for all the prayers! I think the girls are getting a bit stir-crazy being in the house all the time with sick people and not feeling the greatest themselves...It will be great when we can get them out a bit more...smile...

Well, since I've been in bed all week there hasn't been anything terribly exciting happening here. Hoping to go visit the youth group here in Santiago this weekend, but that will depend on how I feel come Saturday evening...Hoping and praying I'm better by then! So, with a bright weekend ahead...I'll update you on that after it happens...Chao


P.S. Thought the color red appropriate this time.. Grin...

No comments: