Well the next stop on my agenda is a conference in Atlanta, GA. Yes, I signed myself up for this as well. I was a member of Women in Aviation Int'l for a while, but never had the opportunity to go to the conference. This time around, I'm going and with a group of military aviators in various stages of training or instructing here at the flight school. I'm pretty excited about this opportunity and adventure. I do what I can to keep this time of waiting filled and so far so good. Smile...
Leaving next Wednesday, we'll be driving to Atlanta (about a 5hr drive) to stay through Sunday. I would greatly appreciate your prayers on this adventure. It's nice to take advantage of these new opportunities, but also a challenge as well. Going with a group of gals most of whom do not know our Lord is a chance to let Christ shine through me, but it's also a place where I could be faced with temptations. I suppose any place is a place for that.. I'm going with the Lord though and that makes all the difference. PTL!!! I'll try to update you all upon my return...though I have a feeling I might actually be busy for the next couple of weeks following the conference. Smile...
Yes, I'm headed to Mobile, AL the Monday after returning from GA to work at a Coast Guard airstation for a month or so. From what I've been told, I'll be working with the training department there assisting in whatever way is needed. I'm looking forward to having something to do for a while. I guess I never was much of one to sit around for too long and enjoy it.. Smile.. I'd rather be working and being productive with my days allowing me to enjoy the off-days more. PTL!!! While I'm in Mobile, I'm planning on getting on some flights...hopefully as many as possible. A friend of mine who is stationed over there flies the Falcon Jets for the CG and has already told me he'd take me up... I've met over helo pilots and plan to try to get up with them as well... We'll see... Would appreciate your prayers that I will be effective there in Mobile and a blessing... Also, that the Lord will give me good connections there. I have already been blessed to meet the Commanding officer of the Mobile airstation who is a believer. He and his wife are quite wonderful people. PTL!!!
Bless you all for all your prayer and support. It is always a nice reminder to know that I have friends and family praying for me and supporting me in my journey with the Lord.. I'm learning much in this adventure of military life. I was reminded this morning to the hope that we have in Christ that others do not have the privilege to enjoy. When trouble hits the fan and life is a challenge, we can remember Christ's promises for everyday life as well as His overarching promise of salvation and His soon return. We have HOPE!! PTL!!! Have a blessed weekend..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment