Friday, March 20, 2009

Catchin up...

My dream helicopter, for now until I find something cooler!!

Okay, so I'm a little behind on the blog updates. Sorry guys. Been slightly occupied or bored out of my mind. Grin Sometimes hard to sit and write something when the creative, interesting juices aren't flowing. Hopefully I can put some of what I've been up to in words now for you all to enjoy. I've been doing plenty, though some of it has been SOOO boring. Smile...
Where's Jonna????

I'll start with the Women in Aviation Int'l (WAI) conference I went to the end of Feb in Atlanta, GA. Right after I got back from my sweet trip to Washington D.C. for the Presidential Inauguration, someone I met up there sent me some information on the WAI conference in Atlanta. I passed it on to my command to see if there was a possibility of going. They already had the info and made it available to others who might be interested in going. Anyway, by the end of Feb I found myself driving to Atlanta for a long weekend with some other flight students. What an adventure. I got a little put out by the "girls can do anything guys can" mentality, but overall the experience wasn't bad.
Hangin with some of the gals from flight school!

I met some cool coasties and other people while there. One of those people was a flight student from the Air Force. We had a blast together, which made the trip worth it. We enjoyed having a Coasties hangout night hosted by a local family, parents of one fo the coasties. Good times meeting and visiting with lots of other female pilots in the CG. Hmmmm, let's see. I got back from Atlanta on a Sunday and early Monday morning (5:30am) I was up again and headed to Mobile, AL. I have been spending most of each week in Mobile for the last 3 weeks working at one of the CG's airstations. Not the most exciting thing to do in the world, but it's had its blessings as well. One of those blessings would be simply having a little something to do and a reason to get up each morning bright and early. I've been traveling back and forth quite a bit lately, with Tuesday night Bible study here in Milton, FL where I live and then coming back every weekend to spend some time at home and with friends. While being in Mobile, I've had an opportunity to get up in the air a couple of times with a few pilots I would consider friends of mine. Anyway, so I went flying in the helicopter that I someday hope to be flying. It was quite a good time, flying to a small airport in Louisianna, grabbing some lunch while we were out, and flyin home. Good times. I was out in one of the jets when we were called to check out a fishing boat. It was very interesting to listen to all the radio communications that were going on for the next hour or so after that call came in. To say the least, the original purpose of the flight quickly changed. Cool! Hmmm...so now I'm home for a weekend, enjoying my own home. I have really enjoyed having a place to call my own here. I know that I have a roommate, but thankfully we get along marvelously. Something for which I praise the Lord! Back in Milton, FL I've found a church where I enjoy attending regularly. It has been nice to have a few friends who go to the same church, so I'm not totally alone in church.

Next on the schedule is a trip home to MO to see my family before I actually get started with flight training. No, I still haven't officially started. I don't begin until April 24th. I'm looking forward to seeing family and friends back home for a week or so, then heading back to gear up for a great start to my future career in CG aviation.
Greatly appreciate all your prayers and emails. I have found that, like many warned me, life in the military isn't like a life I was accustomed to. I still know this is where God wants me, but He never said it would be easy. Though not bad, it's a challenge. I love a challenge, but sometimes get a little focused on the challenge instead of my God who can see past the challenge. PTL that I'm here where I'm supposed to be, doing what the Lord prepared for me to do. Please continue to keep in touch. God bless you all...
Oh, oops...forgot to throw in the exciting part about visiting the Georgia Aquarium...Had a blast walking through the aquarium through tunnels of glass displaying tons of awesome fish. God is really creative... So, here goes...enjoy the pics!
My USAF buddy and I hanging out in the Aquarium!

1 comment:

FSBO said...

Awesome pics girl! I love the Ga Aquarium, great place to visit. So, I would love to see you while you are back in Mo. Let me know if you have time and maybe I can meet you somewhere, maybe Starbucks? Love you girl, and enjoy seeing what God has in store for you!