Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Pensacola, FL

My house at night!

Finally in Pensacola, FL, moved into a 3-bedroom house with a roommate, and now waiting to start flight training. I don't officially begin the second phase of flight training until the end of April. Yeah seems like a long time, but it's a waiting list and that's just how things go. I was bumped past the first phase of the flight training because I already have flight time & pilot's certifications. Anyway... So in the meantime, I'll be doing various things to keep me occupied. Right now, I am sitting in an airport on my way to Washington D.C. to stand duty at the Presidential Inauguration. I'm not sure what all that will entail at this moment, only that I'll be working for the next 11 days in D.C. Looking forward to this experience and having an opportunity to see a new place, get some work experience and exposure, and travel. Smile.. Kind of exciting!!
My Front Room minus the pics we have put up since this pic!

So, getting to P'cola was a nice drive. I made it as far as Memphis and stayed with some friends of friends who opened their home to me to break up the trip. It wasn't a long trip, but 14 hours in a truck would have been a long day...especially right after New Years Eve the night before. Arrived in Pensacola to find the living arrangements that I had made not to be what I had expected. Surprise surprise.. I shouldn't have been surprised since this is not unusual. I ended up staying in a hotel for the first night and then made arrangements to stay with some friends who already had a house here until I could make other living arrangements. Within a few days I was moving into my own home with a girl I graduated OCS with in December. The Lord provided once again and it's better than I even expected. Smile... PTL!!!
Furniture hunting with friends!
My first day checking into the flight school was good. I have been meeting other Coasties (as we call ourselves) and settling into the area. Familiarizing myself with Pensacola and the surrounding areas. Craigslist has become my good friend as I've found many things through that which are quite useful in the house. PTL!!!

I guess that catches you all up a bit. Keep in touch

No comments: