

So, this last week has had it's ups and downs... I ended my last post with a request for prayer both for myself and most especially for my dear middle child, Irenita. I can say that things are a bit better this week! PTL!!! I really appreciate all the prayers. I came to an interesting realization during the most challenging time...my ability to love, be patient, and continue in a Christ-like character was at its limit...and followed by that thought was the awesome realization that now Christ can live through me, because from that point I could definitely not take any credit for my actions of love and patience...not to say that I could have before that either! Anyway...in addition to the Lord's immediate help and strength, He blessed me with a weekend visit to my friends in Noia, where I was able to relax, breathe freely, and recupperate in the Lord!
It was a huge blessing to spend a weekend with the Towner family once again. They were in the midst of a mighty house cleaning as they continue to prepare to move back to the USA...so I just pitched in where I could and enjoyed being with them. We enjoyed a lovely stroll on the beach later Saturday evening...I enjoyed watching the gorgeous sunset and playing with my camera (see pictures)... I was also blessed with the opportunity to visit with my parents on the Towner's vodaphone (a phone that makes a phone call to the States as though it were local). I enjoyed a lovely Sunday with the Noia church body...followed by an authentic Mexican meal made by one of the ladies in the church... Wow, was it tastey though simple!!
I spent Sunday evening driving around the countryside and found it so very relaxing being able to simply rest and ride along while Mrs. Towner bought some fresh milk from a farm about 45 mintues drive!
So, to back up a bit... I spent some time Friday afternoon enjoying the amazing sunshine and warm weather here.. I have been wearing shorts and a t-shirt in the afternoons here for the last few days! It is beautiful! So, with a book and some fresh strawberries I treated myself to a sit on a sunny park bench reading and devouring strawberries... I am told strawberry season is just around the corner for which I am quite excited!!
Thursday night of this past week, I was invited to a Bible study with Susana. I readily agreed not fully aware of what we were doing...Susana took me to her girls' Bible study!! What a blessing.. Though it was in Spanish I was able to follow quite a bit of it, especially since I can follow along in my Bible!! I am so blessed to have Susana as a friend who, though she can't speak English and I speak limited but ever increasing amounts of Spanish, is not intimidated to invite me to join her for various occasions.. I am truely blessed!! One thing I did find encouraging about not being able to speak the language well yet, is that it makes me listen more and say less... There were things that I could have enjoyed sharing in the Bible study, but I was able to just stay more in the background and listen this time and that's good for me as well occasionally... 
So, back home in Santiago again and things are going fairly well. The Lord is giving me wisdom. His word says to seek wisdom, ask for it, and He will give it...so that's what I'm doing and He is faithful to His word!!! PTL!!! These times of struggle cause me to draw nearer to the Lord. Just today, the Lord gave me wisdom in how to handle a situation as well as pray over the situation with two of my girls.. I knew it could mean the horrible ending to an otherwise good day.. So, with confidence from Christ alone, I set down the law on an issue and stood my ground, kindly...thankfully Irene was around the house to observe the situation and back me up when they ran to her. I hope from today they will see how their choices effect so many others. I sure did!! It was a good lesson for me if nothing else. I saw how one decision of one person in the family effected the rest of the family for the rest of the evening, myself included. I saw how as a parent, standing your ground causes you to suffer their consequences as well. I've been told this, but now have first hand experiences. So, PTL!!!
Well, I believe that updates you all for now.. The finger continues to heal well..only a small portion of scab remaining. Thank you for your prayers on this matter. Continue to pray for wisdom in setting appropriate boundaries with this family that I live with. Also, continue to pray for grace to remain here. It is an awesome experience and the Lord continues to teach me much. I LOVE IT!! God's blessings to you all...
No comments:
Post a Comment