Friday, February 8, 2008

Girls' Bible Study

Just a quick update and praise to my Lord!!

Yesterday evening my friend Susana sent me a text message on my cell phone asking me if I wanted to join her for a prayer meeting in a place called Padron. Smile...all this was written in Spanish, so I got the jist of the message at least and agreed to time and place for meeting to go with her. I assumed "Padron" was another name for the pastor's house or something and figured we were going to meet up with anyone and whoever from the church for Bible study and prayer... Boy was I wrong! haha...

Susana took me to her girls' Bible study group allowing me into her smaller more intimate group for Bible study. It was great!! We were 4 girls (& a baby) and enjoyed studying the word and praying together. I don't know if they realize that though I don't understand everything, and though I can speak even less, I so greatly appreciate the Christian fellowship. It has been a huge blessing to me lately!! Anyway, just wanted to share about the Lord's blessing on me in the form of a friend called Susana!! PTL!!!

Through the whole of the night I met both of Susana's sisters. It was great to be reminded that one of her sister's is a barber...hoping I might be able to get her to give me a haircut sometime in the not-so-far-off future. Rather give her my business than to someone else. Anyway... Also, ended up getting my first burger since leaving the States. Smile... Susana and I were starving by 12am...so we found an open burger joint and chowed down..

So, that's the newest blessing in my life, along with the fact that my girls are doing much better right now. PTL!!! Appreciate all the prayers. God bless you all and enjoy a wonderful, fair-weather weekend!!

No comments: