Life in the CG is quite interesting. I am now about 4 weeks from graduation and you can only imagine how I feel about this. Pretty excited... The Lord has definitely used this time to teach me plenty. This hasn't been a time of spending lots of time with the Lord each day like when I was in Spain... It has actually been quite the opposite, in that sitting down to read my Bible is a rare treat. But, the Lord blessed me with that time in Spain and now is gracing me for this season in my life where my time with Him is throughout my day. I have recently been blessed with the privilege of using my Ipod during morning workouts (5:10-6:10 AM). The worship music has been a HUGE blessing, very encouraging. Anyway...
Most recent on the excitement list would incldue fire fighting training & wet training (both at a nearby Naval Base), finding out where we'll be stationed (details on that to come), and my being put into a leading position as leader of 1/3 the class (30 others besides myself). The firefighting training was more of a fight against sleep than fire, but was a chance to get off base and hang out with some of my crew. The wet training is tomorrow and, from those in other groups have already done it, I hear it is fun.
Yes, I did find out tentatively where I will be headed after graduation, but one again the Lord seems to be testing my trust in Him and faith. I was told two days before officially finding out where I was to be stationed, that I was disqualified for flight school because my arms were too short. I was stunned, but after some time praying began to know peace in whatever came of this. That same day I was given 4 new options for where I might like to go upon graduation. The night of recieving our new job stations, I got my first pick from my second request list. I was stationed on CGC Gallatin out of Charleston, SC. I was fine with this and tried to reconcile myself to this planning to re-apply to flight school in the future. This was not God's plan though. After speaking with family and sharing the news, hearing others speak of their new stations, and then the next day speaking with my platoon officer, I began to sense that this wasn't what God wanted and that I had simply given up. So, with a prayer on my lips, I headed back to the medical clinic on base and requested a re-measurement. Throughout this time I was praying for back up prayer (which I later learned that at nearly that same time my beloved mother began praying and continued throughout the day). I recieved the results of the re-measurement finding that there was a HUGE discrepancy in my measurements and I was very qualified to fly for the CG. So, with this new information in paper form with signatures by the medics, I worked with a friend to write a letter to get my application for flight school re-evaluated. By that night, I had a folder of paperwork on my platoon officer's desk requesting re-evaluation of my application for flight school. Though my joy and peace were never lost, I knew a sense of right with this new turn of events. The following day I was called into another office and asked to once again get re-measured. This would be the 4th time I had been to medical to me mearsured. Smile... It's been a fight to get into flight school, this is only one of a few things that have tried to get in my way. Each time though, the Lord doesn't allow me to give up but at the last moment or even after the fact, He opens the door wide and I walk on toward flight school. Anyway, after this re-measurement I returned to speak with one of my officers and was told that this information had already been forwarded to the appropriate officials and conversations had already been taking place over the phone to get this straightened out. As of right now, I am still waiting for the final word. Though it is a challenge to wait, I am confident that God is in control. It has been interesting and exciting to continually watch the Lord open doors and show Himself in my life. Continuing to pray that He will glorify Himself through this situation, making the seemingly impossible happen. PTL!!! Would appreciate your continued prayers as the Lord continues to work in my life, open doors, and glorify Himself. Let the Lord's will be done and all barriers be broken and thrown out of the way!! Woohoo!!
So, the 4th thing I mentioned that is rather exciting is the fact that I am currently the leader of my platoon. I report daily to my platoon officer with matters of discipline, morale, daily schedule, and anything pertinent to my platoon. I am to be the platoon's liaison between them and the Platoon Officer. It is fun, though at times challenging. I am rather enjoying it. Today is a big day for us though. We had drill competition tonight, which is a bit intimidating to me as I am responsible for lead them through the routine making all the appropriate commands at the appropriate times. Hoping and praying I can do well. Practice for this event has been going well, so I'm sure all will be fine!! Woohoo!! Beyond that, I am blessed with having one of the most fun-filled, unified platoons here at OCS. They work well together, stand up for each other, and look out for each other's welfare. I am blessed to be working with a good, humorous group. PTL!!!
Well, I'll try to load some more pics on here.. God bless you all and THANK YOU for your prayers and letters. It is always very encouraging and a blessing!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment