Anyway, my Spanish is improving tremendously. PTL!!! I have a number of friends from the church who like to get online and chat with me in Spanish..that's a challenge, but also great practice. So, I'm learning to read, write, and speak Spanish. I'd love to be fairly fluent before returning to the US and would appreciate your continued prayers as I apply myself.
I am still attending a Bible study every Thursday night. My friend Susana is such a HUGE blessing to me, coming way out of her way to pick me up every Thursday so I can go with her. I is such a blessing to be with a small group of Christians seeking to know God better through His word, prayer, and worship. They are also very patient with me in my increasing knowledge of Spanish, and expect me to participate in looking up and reading scripture verses from the Spanish Bible, etc... My first time reading out loud in Spanish was horrible, but it has also improved which makes me very excited and blessed. This last week was such a blessing as we spent time praying for many in the church who are sick, grieving, or otherwise afflicted. PTL!!!
This past weekend, I spent a few days with my friends (the Towners) in Noia, the missionary family. They are such an encouragement to me and it is always great to spend a few days speaking in English with people and not having to try to explain what I want to say. PTL!!! I enjoyed seashell hunting on the beach with them, watching a movie in English (ahhh, how relaxing!), visiting another church with them in Pontedeume (a small coastal town), and just relaxing with their home. They are currently preparing to return to live in the States as that is the direction the Lord has given them. This is a HUGE step for them as they have lived in Spain more than 25 years. Spain has become home to them in many ways and especially for their children who were born here. Please keep them in your prayers as they go through this time of GREAT change. I remember the feeling of leaving behind India knowing my life was changing once again in a big way and then having my wonderful parents move home as well made the change even more permanent. So, pray that I can be an encouragement to this family and that the Lord will open doors for them in the US and give them grace for this time of goodbyes..
Ruthie Towner with Argentina the Pastor's wife of the Pontedeume churchSo, I arrived back in Santiago on Monday morning only to re-pack my bags and jump in the car with the family headed to Lugo. They are currently on Spring Break/Easter week vacations and we are spending time visiting relatives in Lugo. This is where they come for nearly every holiday, so this is the third time I have visited here. This visit, we are going to spend some time at their country home as well. The family owns a rather lovely country home that is connected to an old mill and is situated next to a small river that use to operate the mill. I have only seen the place at night, so am rather looking forward to spending a bit of time there tomorrow.
This weekend is a youth retreat with the church. I am hoping to be able to attend a few days of it, but am waiting to see how the family's schedule looks for the weekend, before making too many plans of my own.
Another matter of prayer, please continue to keep this lovely family in your prayers. I have had opportunity to share about my relationship with the Lord with the girls a couple different times. Even today I had an opportunity to mention that I talk with God, which was a bit confusing for them. I just prayed that God would reveal Himself to them and let me be a witness of Him in word and deed...thankfully there is both, because often Ihave no idea what to say or how to answer their questions. Some things about God require Him giving us understanding and can't simply be grasped with the human mind. PTL!!!
I suppose that catches you all up with what the Lord is doing here. He continues to teach me as I'm faced with small challenges daily. It is fantastic though difficult at times. I'm excited though. This is a blessing of a time for me as I draw nearer to the Lord and learn more and more how to rely upon Him for strength. He has already begun to prepare my heart for where He is taking me next, for which I am thankful. So...PTL!!! God bless you all richly with joy, love, and peace...
No comments:
Post a Comment