Friday, September 12, 2008

Out to sea...

I'm hopping on a plane today to fly south to Panama, jump aboard a beautiful sail boat, and sail the open seas for the next 16 days. Woohoo!! So, if you need me, I'm out to sea, underway, and having the time of my life. Smile... Pretty exciting!!
So, this last week has been interesting. Tuesady morning I was headed to the medical clinic at 6:30 with 7 others for a flight physical. That process continued until after noon. The medical personnel here are fun overall, so I enjoyed myself. I was treated to a large cup of coffee since I had to wait and be the last to see the doctor for the final portion of my physical exam. Yummy!! You can imagine I was pretty satisfied since coffee isn't on our "privileges" list at the moment. Anyway, I passed every area of the physical and am just waiting on blood tests and such to return healthy and normal. PTL!!! I had been a bit concerned about my eyes not being good enough or them finding something wrong with my teeth, but continued to trust the Lord through that and He opened the door once again. Pretty excited about that to be honest! I just love to see the Lord at work. Continuing to pray for complete healing of my eyes though, as they are still 20/50 which is cutting it close tot he cut-off line...besides, I'd love to quite wearing contacts or glasses... Anyway...to continue on.

Wednesday was career day. They referred to it as STRAND day, but whatever that means. Smile... On this day, we spent ALL day (other than lunch breaks) sitting in a classroom listening to various coasties from different career paths tell us a bit about the different areas of service we can pursue and allowing us to ask lots of questions. Some were very interesting, others were okay, and still others where fairly boring (I think I wrote letters during some of them...grin). Learned a lot though and especially loved hearing from the HH-60 helo pilot since that is my dream or career goal in the CG. Good times.. Well, because we had so many guest speakers and then a dinner social in the evening with all the officers and guest speakers so we could ask more questions, we were required to dress up a bit. Fun times. I enjoyed wearing the little moehawk-like blue hat and dress pants (for a while at least)... Smile.. I did take pics, but because this is a military computer, I am unable to hook up my camera to the computer and therefore cannot get pictures off of it yet to send or post here.. Oh well. Someday before graduation maybe they'll be some way. Wednesday evening ended with the dinner social, which was more like a cocktail party with tastey little food samples (grin). Had a good time visiting with the officers though, learning lots, asking lots of questions, and being able to talk to them on a normal human level.

Thursday was eventful as well as I had to make 3 trips to the clinic. One was to get fitted for glasses, so I have a back up when I don't want to wear contacts, or whatever other reason I need them. Then, back for a visit with the doc on blood results from my check-in physical, and finally back to the doc (along with about 37 others) to pick up some dramamine for the trip incase of sea sickness. Hoping and praying that won't be a problem for me, but want to be prepared and not stupid. Smile..




So, today, Friday...we are up at 4:30am and off in shifts to Panama. My flight isn't until 10am, so I have all morning to sit around, get ready, write this, etc... Looking forward to this trip. I've been assigned a small leadership position with 7 others under me or working on my team. Should be exciting. Looking forward to learning a lot about sailing, as this is a large 295ft sail boat. Woohoo.. I'll post a pic.

I'd love to hear from you all.. You can post notes to this or email me.. I'd better not post my email addy here though.. So, just shoot me a note and I'll email you back if able.. God bless you all.. Really appreciate all the prayers.. THANKS

3 comments:

DeWeese Fam of Four said...

Jonna... it's so real now that we get to see photos of you in uniform. Thanks for posting the photos! We'll continue to pray for you here. Love you dearie! S, J & H

Anonymous said...

Jonna, Just finally writing you a letter after I received yours -- and here you are out to sea! Thankful you already know the power of our awesome Lord and won't be dismayed by those huge waves! Stand firm in the faith -- even when you are rockin' and rollin' Karli Thomas (who just moved in) and Beka Howard send their blessings and "You go, girl!(s)" Miss you mucho -- Marsha

Anonymous said...

Hey Jonna! Sounds like God's got you where He wants you! I'll have to hear all about the trip. I'm jealous...not gonna lie.:) I'm praying for ya! We need to get together sometime this semester!